Monday, 5 August 2013
Researches suggest that the use of lasers, as an add-on to scaling and root planning can help advance the efficiency of the procedure. Scaling and root planning (SRP) is the non-surgical therapy which is used to diagnose periodontal diseases. When lasers are appropriately used during the periodontal therapy, your bleeding, inflammation and distress during the surgery can be abridged. Laser Periodontal therapy is also known as LANAP, which is said to be the Laser guided new attachment procedure. Scalpel or sutures are not used in the Laser Perio.
Laser Perio is a painless treatment, and your post procedure discomfort is typically low or for short term. During this treatment, Tartar (associated with inflamed and bleeding gums) is detached from the root surface. Tartar is removed using the ultrasonic scaler and tiny instruments. The Laser light energy from Periolase is directed all the way through a small fiber, which is placed between your gum and tooth. This helps eradicate infectious tissue, which aids in lowering the count of bacteria that causes the disease. The area is then carefully cleansed and after that the area is naturally restored.Depending on the depth of the disease, treatment may vary accordingly. If the disease has advanced to the point where periodontal pockets are deep and the supporting bones are ruined, advanced treatment is a necessary. Whatever treatments are exercised, the ultimate goal is to maintain your Oral health and hygiene. Supportive Periodontal Treatment (SPT) will allow the Periodontist in evaluating your overall oral health and ensures that the infection is under control. Periodontal disease is a persistent disease. If proper care, is not given it can reoccur. Go for regular check up and stay with healthy teeth and gums.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery imparts care for defects or injuries in your head, neck, face, jaw and is a globally accepted Surgical specialty. You can find well qualified Dentists for managing Facial Trauma in almost all dental clinics and hospitals in India. Facial Trauma injuries that requires special care are Intra Oral lacerations, knocked out teeth, fractured facial bone and fractured jaws. Your upper/lower jaw fractures are treated and relieved by the surgical replacement of minute plates and screws at the concerned location. It is to be noted that, your facial manifestation will be affected modestly.
Injuries caused to teeth and its nearby dental structures are common and may require specialized dental treatments. The fractured that are caused to the sustaining bone and knocked out teeth are cared by a number of forms of splinting. Diverse types of plastic surgeries encompass jaw size adjustments, lip lengthening, lip size reduction, cleft lip and palate and nose reshaping. It is when your bones are affected; you suffer from the serious injury of bone breakage. These may even affect sight and the breathing ability, speak and also swallow. In such cases immediate hospitalization is a better option.If you avoid injury, it will be the best preventive measure. Wearing seat belts, mouth guards, and proper masks will help prevent your jaw bones and face from adverse effects of accidents. An Oral and Maxillofacial surgery can help correct cosmetic and other damages caused to the face as a result of the accident. As a primary measure, the physical appearance of the cracked face is cleaned up. If you have any birth defect, Oral and Maxillofacial surgery will be a life changing one. Oral and Maxillofacial surgery will give you more confidence in your life.
Dental procedures at present emphasize precautionary measures which results in much lesser tooth loss rates. Even though a lot of people like you are losing teeth as a result of gum diseases, dental caries, and other causes. Initially, Dental Implants were exercised for maintaining dentures in the entire jaw. Benefits of Implants turn out to be obvious and this technology was adapted for the replacement of one or more teeth. Dental Implant has now become better choice for the replacement of your missing tooth. Most popular dental proxies are Bridges and full or partial dentures. Bridges or Dentures will only tackle with the temporary cosmetics problem of you missing teeth, but, they can do nothing in stopping bone loss in the area of missing teeth.
For Dental Bridges, two or more teeth need to be reduced in size, in order to act as pillars/augments. With Dental Implants, your healthy teeth are not crumpled and they convey the chewing forces to the jaw thus stopping bone loss. Dental Implants are said to be the better standard of teeth replacement care. You can replace your missing teeth roots with supportive posts. These supportive posts are usually made up of titanium. This can be used to restore your single tooth, several teeth or for the whole reformation of your distorted mouth, as titanium is the only bio-compatible metal. Titanium will fuse with your jaw bone within a period of 3-6 months.
Normally, Dental Implants are carried out in three phases, the treatment planning, implant placement and crown placement. In order to plan the treatment, your Dentist will take x-rays and create a model of your existing teeth. It is with the help of this model, your Dentist is able to determine how and where the implant should be placed. The Dental Implant is then placed in the bone and allows to osseointegrate within a given period of time before attaching the Dental Crown. Maintaining a good Oral Hygiene is the better part you have to play for attaining long-term Implant success. Your Dentists will put you on routine Dental check-ups. Dental Implants can give you lifetime pleasure, if appropriate care should be given.
Thursday, 27 June 2013
Life goes well when you are not afraid of a smile. Maintaining a brighter smile is something that today's culture values more; however, it is also an indication that you have kept healthy teeth. Maintaining a white smile is also a great way to show that you take pride in your appearance and wish to keep your body in as good of shape as possible. Keeping your smile as bright as you can is an important step in keeping the whole body healthy. Natural dental care and approach is a must for shiny white smile.
Fruits and vegetables, like apples, celery, carrots and pears, can naturally clean and whiten teeth as a result of their acidic nature. The crispier the food, the more abrasive it is and the cleaner it will get your teeth. As per recent studies, Cheese, milk, and yogurt comprise of minerals that strengthen teeth and improve their appearance. Mixing strawberry with baking soda is an efficient and organic way for cleansing your teeth, despite using the conventional toothpaste. The mordant property of the Malic acid in the strawberries together with the property of the baking soda kills the bacteria that are liable for plaque buildup. Its combined effect also reduces acids that eat away the enamel on your teeth.
Rinsing your mouth thoroughly after every meal or snack helps to make sure that no food residue is there attached to your teeth. Use the inside portion of an orange peel that acts as a good teeth whitening agent. Rub the peel right on your teeth, or take organic dried orange peel and grounded bay leaves to make a paste and brush using the same. You can also use lemon juice and salt mixture too. But make sure to rinse your mouth well after using these entire natural whitening dental treatments. You can also stick on to a dental clinic that offers laser dental treatment for white teeth. Dental tourism is also well accepted if you want to cut your dental cost down. Do not go for artificial dental hygiene products and adhere to natural ways to safeguard your teeth.
Friday, 3 May 2013
A grand smile is said to be the booster for one’s self-confidence and the present dental cosmetic industry has facilitated with sophisticated procedures to reform your smile. You need to consult a dentist to fix the appropriate dental procedures for you in accordance with your requirements. The finest way to make up your oral health is to schedule a dental visit and perform good dental care at home. Dental tourism is a good choice as it lowers the dental care cost and India dental tourism is in an emerging phase. Given below are some useful dental procedures that help you own a stunning smile.
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening and bleaching is used to remove tooth stains and discoloration. You can avail this service equally from a dental clinic and from other retail stores. Only thing you need to consider is the amount that should be paid for the service and that suits your budget.
- Dental Implants: This treatment replaces traditional dentures as it can give you the teeth that will look like and feel like natural ones. Dental Implant aims at planting your teeth directly onto the bones so you will be devoid of the fear of falling off. Tooth implant in India is in a rising phase as most dental patients can get best treatment from the most talented dentist available here.
- Laminate Veneers : Dental veneers which are manufactured from ceramic ware help attain shiny and white teeth. They are suggested for people with tooth discoloration or significant stains drawback. This dental treatment is usually exercised for those who have damaged teeth. It can change your teeth’s look and will produce significant effect on its appearance.
- Crowns and Bridges: Heavily decayed teeth cannot survive with just a filling. So, crown is introduced to give your teeth a new life. There is the high possibility of risk as fracture line may go beneath the gum margin making the restoration difficult or impossible. But bridge is exercised to replace the lost teeth without making use of a denture or dental implant.
- Root Canal treatment: It is the procedure done to protect your infected tooth that involves eradicating the infected pulp and filling the vacant canals. This kind of treatment can be performed in vital (living) or non-vital (non living) tooth. The most vital step before opening up a treatment is the correct clinical diagnosis.
- Metal Free Ceramic: Metal free ceramics give the patient a chance for demanding quality dentistry and excellent results on their dental procedures. Traditional metal ceramics can get easily discolored. So, Metal free ceramics are introduced. They help restore your beautiful smile with natural looking teeth.
Always look for a good dentistry in India or abroad according to your requirement. You can also make use of internet for finding out the most comfortable dentistry in your locality. Make sure that you ask your dentist about the additional fees imposed on the treatment as the dental cost may vary from place to place. Almost all cosmetic dentists in India and abroad offers advanced care these days. And as a result of this, you can expect contented and pain free dental procedures that produce gorgeous smile.
One of the main reasons for dental care delay is the cost imposed on it. Rising cost is measured as a hurdle for those who postpone their dental care. Some persons put off a treatment they wanted even if they have insurance coverage just because it doesn’t matters for their dental procedures. But some may have used up the maximum of their insurance plan that covers for a year. Your overall health depends on how much you care for your teeth and gums. Don’t get scared of the high dental costs, just follow the below useful tips to save money on your dental care.
- Alternatives for your treatment: Let your dentist know whether the dental cost effect you and make them suggest an alternative treatments that are less expensive and effective.
- Go for free and low-cost dental clinics: Usually free dental clinics are run by local non-profit agencies. They opt for donation but manage to perform basic dental procedures for free.
- Dental discount plan: Dental discount plans reduces dental procedure rates by 10% to 60% as provided by participating dentists. You need to enter the zip code for searching the dental plans that is apt for you.
- Dental tourism: Save your dental care cost between 60 to 90 percentages by visiting dentists from other countries especially in India that offers less expensive dental treatments. India dental tourism is in a rapid growth phase. You have to pay more and travel more for most expensive dental treatments. The more major the procedures the more it pays to travel a long distance.
- Medical savings plan: Contribute much amount to your Medical savings plan if you have insurance as this will make up for the deductibles. But if you don't have insurance this might help you take care of dental problems early and with extreme pain.
- Dental treatment from schools: Low cost quality dental treatments are nowadays available from dentistry schools. In almost all dentistry schools the students are trained under the direction of licensed professionals.
- Visit local Health department: Search for local health departments or community health centers that offer low cost dental treatments. Free dental care is available throughout the country and for each community. You can simply avail it by searching on internet.
- Brush and Floss: Last but not least, daily Brushing and Flossing is a very good dental care treatment for your oral health. Brushing twice a day or after meals and flossing daily once will keep you safe from the risk of oral problems. Also lower your daily sugar intake to reduce most of the dental problems.
Low cost Dental care is not a dream come true. You can avail low cost treatments even at your local health care centers. You can avail top dental care treatments that go well your pocket. People living in rural areas will also get a prospect to reward from the most accepted low cost dental treatments. Only thing you must do is to follow the above tips that helps equally save your valuable time and money.
Monday, 25 March 2013
If you are a diabetes person, make sure that you care enough for your mouth as most of the diabetes patients are at a risk of mouth infections. The major infectious disease that may affect diabetes patients are, dry mouth, gum inflammation, poor healing of oral tissues and burning mouth and/or tongue. Chance of thrush and periodontal diseases is higher for diabetes patients with smoking habit. It is necessary to follow good dental care practices as they are more prone to harmful oral infections. MIDAC here has mentioned some tips for maintaining strong teeth.
- Keep your blood sugar close to normal
- Tell your dentist about the status of your diabetes during each visit
- Before setting up a treatment for periodontal disease consult your diabetes doctor
- Give a brief list of diabetes medications and dosages to your dentist
- If your blood sugar is not in good control, postpone nonemergency dental care procedures
Keep these tips in mind to maintain good dental health. Oral illness can be treated well if proper medications and good hygiene is followed.